Thursday, August 23, 2012

the home health kit

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from my daughter's school with all the forms I need to submit, lists of gear she'll need to keep her warm during outdoor play, and a lovingly written reminder to keep sick children at home.  

That last part really got me...  

I'm just not ready for cold and flu season.  Not even close.  I want to hang on to this blissful summer (it's been a healthy one, for the most part, for my children).  But I will endeavor to be an adult about this.  

This blog post from Rachel at LuSa Organics, one of our manufacturers, reminded me to begin putting together a home health kit.  The post focuses on whooping cough remedies, but a lot of the remedies are good for overall immune support.

Oh dear, I really am going to miss her...
Aviva Jill Romm's book also has a great list of herbs and remedies to have on hand.  I love this book and have consulted it many times.  I mean, a bag of heated salt as a remedy for nausea?  I never would have guessed.


Stay healthy this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment